Dubin Clark Closes 15 Transactions in 2019; Actively Seeks New Investment Opportunities
2019 was a record year for Dubin Clark, including:
- closing 15 transactions (exiting 1 business, adding 1 platform and 13 add-ons)
- adding 3 new members to the Dubin Clark team
- promoting 3 members of the Dubin Clark team
- moving Florida office to customized building in Jacksonville Beach (photos below)
In 2016 we entered into a partnership with BBJ Rentals (BBJ). After, together with management, aggressively expanding into new geographies, launching multiple new products and adding state-of-the-art linen washing and processing capabilities, we decided it was time for us to exit the investment. In May 2019, we sold BBJ to a highly regarded family office who plans to continue to back management in building upon BBJ’s success to date.
Since our founding in 1984, Dubin Clark has consistently partnered with outstanding management teams in building world-class businesses. Thank you to those who have supported us over the years! And to those who will continue to grow with us, we look forward to the next phase with eagerness and optimism.
We are actively seeking add-on acquisitions for the following portfolio companies:
Dubin Clark regularly attends a variety of private equity and related conferences/events each year, as well as select industry trade shows. In 2020, look for us at the following events (not a complete list; subject to change):
Upcoming Industry Trade Shows
Meeting seller’s timing deadlines, flexibility in deal structuring, and a long track record of successfully consummating acquisitions with minimum disruption to the business – all contribute to Dubin Clark’s ongoing success.
In addition to add-on opportunities, Dubin Clark seeks new platform investments in branded niche manufacturing and specialty services segments with revenue of approximately $10-$100+ million and adjusted EBITDA of 10% or greater. We prefer companies with the following attributes:
- Brand recognition
- Unique or differentiated products or services
- Industry leader or ability to get there
- Participate in fragmented industries
- Some control over how products/services distributed/sold
- Minimal customer concentration
Please contact us if you are aware of any companies that fit our criteria.